STAGING YOUR HOME
It’s just not that easy to sell your home these days. Home staging, the art of making your home look neat, stylish and inviting to a potential home buyer, is the essential first step in selling your home. If your staging is successful you will leave a lasting impression on the home buyers and they will feel they can make your place a home. Let us help you discover where the problems and solutions are for your home staging needs. It may be anything from a little closet thinning and tidying up to a major furniture and design overhaul. Learn simple techniques in home staging and help your home stand out amongst the crowd.
You don’t have to do it all yourself either. You can find some very talented home stagers out there and companies that will come in and makeover your whole place. Even if your place is vacant and your stuff is already out of there, home staging professionals can bring in just the right props to make an empty abode look like an inviting home. It will cost you though. Read up on home staging and see if DIY home staging is for you. If it all seems too much, look for a professional home stager or designer to do over your home.
Increasing your home’s appeal
Remember the 60-second rule: That’s all the time you have to create a winning first impression. Here are some simple to significant ways to maximize your home’s appeal.
* Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.* Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.* Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.* Tighten and clean all door handles.* Clean windows inside and out.* Powerwash home’s exterior.* Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.* Paint the front door.* Buy a new welcome mat.* Place potted flowers near the front door.Interior* Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts “the flow” or makes the room appear smaller. Consider renting a storage unit to move items off-site.
* Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves.
* Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
* Shampoo carpets.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
* Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
* Fix or replace discolored grout.
* Replace broken tiles.
* Replace worn countertops.
Special details for showings
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
- Keep pets secured outdoors.
- Buy new towels for bathrooms.
- Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
- Replace old lamps or lampshades.
- Play quiet background music.
- Light the fireplace or clean out the ashes and light a candle.
- Infuse home with a comforting scent, such as apple spice or vanilla.
- Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown